Department of Genetics
C424 Life Sciences Building
Athens, GA 30602
- Ph.D. student, Universtify of Georiga, 2015-Present
- M.S. in Microbiology, Huazhong Agricultural University, China, 2013-2015
- B.S. in BiologyHuazhong University, China, 2009-2013
Research and Teaching Positions:
- Graduate Research Assistant, Laboratory of Dr. Jeffrey L. Bennetzen, University of Georgia, Department of Genetics. February 2016 - present.
- Graduate Research Assistant, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China. July 2013 - June 2015.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China. March 2011 - June 2013.
- Zhang, S., Hu, Y., Fan, Q., Wang, X., & He, J. (2015). Two-component system YvqEC-dependent bacterial resistance against vancomycin in Bacillus thuringiensis. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, 108(2), 365-376.
- Zhang, S., Wang, J., Wei, Y., Tang, Q., Ali, M. K., & He, J. (2014). Heterologous expression of VHb can improve the yield and quality of biocontrol fungus Paecilomyces lilacinus, during submerged fermentation. Journal of biotechnology, 187, 147-153.
- Qi, G., Kang, Y., Li, L., Xiao, A., Zhang, S., Wen, Z., Xu, D. & Chen, S. (2014). Deletion of meso-2, 3-butanediol dehydrogenase gene bud C for enhanced D-2, 3-butanediol production in Bacillus licheniformis. Biotechnology for biofuels, 7(1), 1.
Parallel analyze of Puccinia emaculata virulence and switchgrass resistance phenotypes. Identify specific switchgrass resistance genes that act against specific P. emaculata races and discover candidate effector genes in the pathogen that interact with specific switchgrass resistance genes.